It is in her upper jaw, and not curable, though she has medication for secondary infection and pain as needed.
Sparkle is 11 years old, and has given so much joy and comfort to so many in the neighborhood over the past 10 years since she adopted us. She has always loved being out in front of our house, meeting everyone, getting petted, and helping people feel better when they are having a hard day. Now it’s her turn for extra love.
So far, Sparkle does not seem to be in pain, and she seems to be in good spirits. However, she sometimes has bleeding inside her mouth, so she may be indoors more often than usual.
When petting Sparkle, please avoid the swollen side of her snout, because it may be sensitive. It is okay to give her a treat if she sits for it, but SOFT TREATS ONLY please.