Our dear girl Sparkle has been getting lots of attention from the news media and around the Web. She’s been interviewed several times by TV news crews. Some news stories about Sparkle:
- Newsweek: Dying Dog Who Sits Next to Sign Saying She Needs ‘Extra Love’ Breaks Hearts
- NBC News10: Community Comes Together for Somerville Dog With Cancer
- CNBC News: Community Says Goodbye to Dog that Lifted Spirits During Pandemic
- CBS Boston: Somerville Dog With Incurable Cancer Showered With Love From Community
- WBZ News Radio: “Mayor Sparkle” Brings Joy To Somerville Residents
- Daily Star (UK): Dog with cancer sits outside house as it likes to be petted by people passing by
- WHDN Channel 7 News: Neighbors and friends rally around beloved Somerville dog
- WGBH News: Sparkle, unofficial ‘Mayor of Somerville,’ finds worldwide support after cancer diagnosis
- boston.com: Meet the canine ‘mayor of Somerville’ whose cancer diagnosis has generated support the world over
Sparkle has her own fledgling twitter feed, but here are social media posts from others about Sparkle:
- Erica Henderson, Twitter
- Eric Magnussen, Twitter — 220k likes!
- ALittleDistantShiningStar, Imgur
- arethusabean, Reddit
Let us know in the comments, if you see other news coverage of Sparkle. Thanks!
I am from Dorchester and I would take occasional trips to Somerville for “Sparkle Walks” with a friend when we needed a cheer up.
I have no idea how Instagram algorithms work, but I saw an instagram post about sparkle here in Zambia without looking for it…. Sparkle is worldwide insta famous!